Today a colleague had an issue with the log service of SharePoint 2010.
Atleast that is what we thought 🙂
After checking all the services of SharePoint, services of the Windows Server and the event viewer, we still didn’t found out why SharePoint wouldn’t log.
So when we ran out of options, we checked how much free space was left on the disk. And this was the problem, only 200MB’s were free.
After freeing up some space, the logging ran again and everything was back to normal.
So lessons learned: Check the things first that you normally would take for granted. Keep in mind the KIS principle and happy hunting for bugs