Well it’s that time again, beginning of a new year, deciding with the rest of the BIWUG board if we are going to organize another SharePoint Saturday or not … and the answer is YES .. keep the SharePoint Saturday site in your top 5 favorites these couple of months, because a lot needs to be revealed later on..
Believe it or not but a LOT of work goes into organizing one day..
Normal BIWUG work takes up 1-2 hours a week, with SPS it goes up to easily 5 hours a week.
Tasks for a SharePoint Saturday:
- Swag: what are we going to give, what are the sponsors giving as well to put into the bag
- Sponsors: we need to contact all the companies that want to sponsor and ask how much are they willing to sponsor for SPS
- Speakers: a call to speaker needs to be launched, previous speakers needs to be mailed again to ask if they want to give a session
- Getting the speakers here, organizing not only the Saturday but the day before and after as well, showing them a city of Belgium
- Speakers dinner: different menu’s
- All the communication needs to be streamlined as well
- costs: calculate how much everything is and how much we can do with the budget that we’ve got
- Location arrangements
- Agenda: how many tracks, interesting sessions
Luckily the BIWUG team is one of the best teams that I’ve ever worked with and we each take our tasks very seriously.
So I would like to say to them, I’m proud of working with you guys…. and of course to the Belgian SharePoint community, without you guys we wouldn’t have such a success as we have now.. Almost all of the events that we give, are practically a sold out event.